Sunday 8 July 2007

The sweet smell of clean clothes....

I was inspired when I visited my mom's blog today and I too felt the need for a change. So I changed my blog too.....I like to change stuff like that....I will use this one until it becomes boring to me! Anyways today was a good day. I expected it to be sunny but it was rather cloudy. I taught kids church this morning and then went out for lunch to Swiss Chalet...the ultimate after church restaurant....and that was followed by a lovely excursion to Starbucks. By the way I think I am becoming addicted to Starbucks. I just can't get enough of those green tea frap's. I also watched Pride and Prejudice again....love it....could watch it a million times! I love Sunday nights....mom is making pizza and I think Dad is creating a blog. Aren't we just becoming quite the blogging family! My youngest brother Josh got Facebook yesterday and he is already hooked.....it is so funny. The only 2 that aren't on facebook are my Dad and Greg....but I think it is only a matter of time.

Yesterday my Mom and I spent the day down in the Markham-Stouffville area with my Nana. It was a great day. I love talking to my mom about everything. She is a great listener. We got pictures taken in one of those mall photo-booths....they are great...I will post them later. The Markville mall is huge. It was quite a shock to see that many people shopping...it is a long way from my small town. On the way home we sang our hearts out to some good ol'e country....gotta luv Martina....have you ever heard a woman sing like she can? When we got home at around 10 the new front load washer had arrived. For those of you who didn't know, the washer has been down in my house for about 2 weeks now. I thought that the new washer would arrive sooner than it did so I decided that I could wait to do laundry and didn't need to go to the laundrymat.....stupid.....I did 3 loads of laundry last night out of nothing but pure desperation to be reminded of what clean clothes smell like. So I was up quite late, or should I say early washing clothes. I felt it this morning. I didn't take a Sunday nap today either. I think I will sleep well tonight. Perhaps I can get in another load of laundry before I go to bed.....the front load washers have a window in the front, you can watch your clothes being cleaned. Of course I would never do that because I have better things to do with my time........most of the time! I would also really love to finish the book I have been reading tonight.....SexGod....the name may be a little sketchy to some of you but I tell you....read it and it will change your life! On the note of Rob Bell, I watched his newest Nooma video yesterday called "store". It is about anger. It was great, it made me think. Rob Bell usually makes me think though. I have really been trying to control my mouth lately. One of the family traits that runs in the line of women in my family is a quick tongue. We Timbers women are good with our mouths. I don't want to use that trait to hurt people. It is really good for me to practice building people up with my words and not putting them down. Although I have to take it one step at a time. I feel things deeply and in turn react to them deeply....sometimes that is a wonderful thing and sometimes it works against me. So that is one of the areas I am trying to grow in. Anyways if you have a chance to see "Store" I definitely recommend it!

I better head downstairs and see how Dad's blog is coming along. Hope this evening finds you well,
The Kindred Spirit

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Kindred,
Love the post and the new blog page...I'm jealous...I couldn't find that one! Oh well, when you get tired of it, I'll borrow this one.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear the new Rob Bell, Store, I can always use some new thougths on anger. I deal with my own issues with my tongue. I'd love a read of Sex God as well.

Lisa J. said...

Hi Darcie,

I'm popping over from your mom's blog. Just wanted to tell you that I was in the Markham mall in Feb/March and although I am a firstborn US citizen, some of my family lives in Markham! My sister had to go to the dentist in the markham mall (next to that big discount dept. store at the end, I can't remember the name, but I loved looking at all the rows of handbags in it). And by the way, what is it with all the dentists in Markham/Toronto - on every corner! We have to go an hour to get to our dentist.

Oops, I think comments are supposed to be shorter than this.

Lisa J