Wednesday 10 September 2008

So I Wait Upon You Lord....

It's hard to believe that the summer is over and fall is here and with that comes school, a new ministry season and the departure of my best friend to Haiti. I had a wonderful summer working at Christian Horizons. It was full of learning and growing and being stretched and laughing and crying and meeting so many wonderful people. I don’t think I am able to describe with words what the Lord has been doing in my heart and life this summer but perhaps these things will reveal themselves in my writing in time, I’m not sure. I strongly believe that my capacity to love and care has been stretched. I think that the way I look at things is a little different now.

My theme verse this summer was Ephesians 3:20…

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.

I thought of these words often during my summer days. Jesus is able to accomplish INFINITELY more than we would ever DARE to ask or hope. Sometimes I think we don’t ask God for certain things in fear of disappointment. This verse says that he can do more than we would ever even dare to ask or hope. I think this verse reveals that God has surprises in store for us. The things I hope for are things that I love and often desire in the deepest of places. Most people will never know these hopes, but God knows. I like living in the reality that God has wonderful surprises for me.

This summer was one of those wonderful surprises. I would have never guessed that the Lord would bring me to a small, unknown town called Paisley and open my heart to a new world of people. It was just good and I am so thankful.

The summer was great but I'm ready to be home now for a while. I'm ready to be fully present and engaged in things here in Wainfleet.

My best friend, Diana, left yesterday morning for Haiti, for a year. To say the least, it was a rough day. I feel like a piece of me went on that plane to Haiti and now I'm not quite sure what to do. It's a type of grief that I have never experienced before. I have always been the one to go away on adventures and leave my family and friends behind. I have never been the one on the other side. I don't like this side very much. It's quite difficult. I know that the Lord wants Diana in Haiti, I know that this is what's best. I am so excited for her and what this year will do in her life. I'm just trying to figure out what to do now. Diana is the person that is always there. We spend so much time together just talking about everything. We are brutally honest with one another and have one of those 'real' relationships, the kind that you don't find with many people. The realness is when you can be completely honest about where you're at. Di is the person who I call up and say do you just want to get together, I don't know what we'll do but let's just hang out. We discuss books, things we're struggling with, our dreams about where we'll live, who we'll marry, where we'll work, what kind of cars we'll drive and the list goes on. We pray together, laugh together, cry together and so even though we can still email and phone one another it's still hard because she's not here. I never knew I could have a friend like this.....to have a friendship like this one has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. Please pray for my kindred spirit Diana as she embarks on this new journey. I have put her blog in my favourite links so you can keep updated with her.





This brings me to now.....as I sit here and write with a bit of a heavy heart. I am praying that the Lord would put new and fresh things in my life for this time and that I would be open to these things. I guess it will just take a bit to readjust but I know the Lord is faithful in all these things and that he may just have a few surprises up His sleeve for me.

So I will wait in anticipation.

Sweet Dreams,
The Kindred Spirit

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hang in there Darc! :)

Diana Wiebe said...

oh darcie!
what a blog... it makes me cry!!!
thank you for your friendship and the blessing that you are in my life. it's beyond what words can say.
and i love that verse... 'infinitely' is a great word isn't it? it's so full of hope... keep trusting in it and believing in it and living in it each new day. i just know that the Lord will provide for you and surprise you in ways that you can't even imagine.
i miss you, need you, love you!!!