Friday 24 September 2010

A Sabbath in Every Way...

I am one of those people who gets the somewhat unfortunate job of working every weekend. I say unfortunate not because of the nature of the work but because of the fact that most of the people I get together with have the weekends off, which means that we typically have opposite schedules. I've been working every weekend for almost a year now and it's beginning to take it's toll. I don't mind working Saturdays but working Sundays is the kicker for me. I'm a pastors kid and throughout my life Sundays have been made up of church, lunches out with the youth, movies, afternoon sleeps, hockey games, and take out night with the fam among other wonderful things. I think there's a chance that I took having Sundays off for granted. Last Sunday was our church's annual Barn Party at Balls Falls. One of my co-workers took pity on me and said she would work my Sunday if I worked her Monday shift....BLESS THIS WOMAN! So last Sunday I had the entire day off! I went to church and I wasn't distracted by thoughts of having to head to work right after lunch. I went out for lunch with a bunch of friends and then we headed to the Barn Party. The day was wonderful and such a blessing for me, it was a Sabbath in every way. Balls Falls is also a beautiful location for picture taking, which of course I (and a few of my camera jealous friends) indulged in...







These are the types of days that remind me of all that's good in the world.

Yours Truly,
The Kindred Spirit 

No comments: